Featured Post

WHO COINS THEM ?

This post is purely a fragment of my imagination ! Quite like Unreal News.Com   ! Note that the countries come in alphabetical order !...

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A MAMA REMEMBERS !

Instead of trying to figure out why climates are changing much to my irritation, why Chennai is not experiencing unseasonal stormy showers, why the summer here is scorching hot, why traffic diversions is the order of the day, I will try to get a smile makeover done right now. Kinda like a joker who hides his sad emotions behind the painted happy face.

Jokes apart, that was indeed a joke. Notwithstanding the inconveniences, it is true that I do not like to complain and my motto is to stay happy come what may..

On that note, here’s my happy post for the day. Let me get drenched in memory showers atleast. 

The life of a happy go lucky non medico married to a medico is not easy at all. Being the mother of two doctors is harder and as the three converse in medico lingo all mumbo jumbo to me, I try hard not to feel left out and instead I look at them with awe and admiration. In the course of any conversation the little that I can gather is usually about an admission, case sheets, procedures, diagnosis and discharges. These words appear in the English dictionary and perhaps that is why I am familiar with the terms. I am happier blogging, drawing and cooking. Well ! My Docs can make their own tea. Phew ! that's some relief for a multitasking non medico mom who knows more about how to go about getting into MBBS and a PG residency much more than they do...

When my younger girl, now a budding paediatric resident, was in Std I, she used to have great difficulty with spellings. That was an exercise I use to give her everyday till she mastered it. She almost gave up one day and said…Ma…This is too difficult. Not my cup of tea at all. Allow me to be detained in Ist Std. I promise you that I will get over this problem when I repeat another year in Std I. My little girl was quick to grasp and had a way with words. "Must be in the genes," I mused. I couldn't but feel proud, though I was absolutely flabberghasted as well. That was a five year old telling me about her inability to progress and also giving a solution. I still remember that day sometime in 1995. I was too stunned to react. My little girl was more mature than me....I thought....






1 comment: